| Life is the art of drawing without an eraser |

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Deciding on how to create the concept of time...

So I have been thinking long and hard about my last post and the contrasting elements of the change and changeability of time. From this I have been drawn to the idea of clocks despite how expected that may be considering the topic is time. But I want to focus on the consistency of time which I feel would be best captured in a clock itself. With this I hope to find three different looking clocks and then I will have each of them set at the same time. This idea will capture the consistency of time (with all the times being set the same) and the inconsistency using three different clocks. I am tossing around a few ideas of what sort of medium to use. I was thinking of either using the clocks themselves or drawing the clocks using pen&ink or something along those lines....so for that I am undecided...

However, if I am unable to find the clocks that I have in mind then I have also continued to think about the idea of using a pear to represent this contrast. I have a chrome-like figurine of a pear which will represent the consistency of time as this figurine captures a particular moment in time (something that art allows us to do). This I would capture in carbothelos. Then I would also capture the essence of a real pear with its variety of colours to represent the changeability of time. The real pear I would capture with watercolours which allows for an element of change as it is such a flexible and unpredictable medium.

1 comment:

  1. So I was thinking about your idea for your time project and I know that you have thought about doing clocks and how time is different yet the same. I was thinking of like how when you look at a clock 1:00 in the morning and 1:00 in the afternoon look the same on the clock but really they are different times of day. I do not know just a thought. I suggest maybe doing like 8 so you do not have to get up at 1 in the morning. :) Just a thought thou leave it or take it.

    ReplyDelete