| Life is the art of drawing without an eraser |

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mirroring images through colour and pattern...

For this exercise we were asked to take two different images and mirror each other through the repetition of similar colours and patterns. I chose to take different images that still stuck with the same theme of fashion. Although the one image is a mannequin while the other is a fully dressed woman. I used the image of the woman as my "root" image - I didn't alter it very much, but used the colours and patterns in the other surrounding images. I used various methods such as creating displacement maps for patterns, used colour replacement tool and played with curves to get the colour levels to be similar. I hope that my choice of images are disconnected enough to make this an effective assignment. I enjoyed making the images "match" in a sense so they look like they belong together.




No comments:

Post a Comment